HOW WE GOT HERE
- The conventional and prefabricated building process was analyzed and designed for the best approach to each component within the whole.
- Methods of designing and building assemblies and systems were refined to reduce waste and increase construction efficiency.
- Advanced building science is incorporated into each home.
- Our goal is to support local economies by working with local builders.
Passive house energy modeling is used on all of our homes for peak operating efficiency. A combination of on-site and off-site production delivers the most efficient building process.
All models average $210/square foot with mid-range finishes, though actual square foot price may vary due to market forces.
LOW EMBODIED CARBON
A complete carbon analysis ensures low environmental impact in the construction of the home. Locally sourced and sustainably harvested materials are used throughout.
A high quality ventilation system provides healthy indoor air quality throughout the home by maintaining safe levels of carbon dioxide and particulate matter. Continuous fresh air is provided throughout the home. All building products have low/zero volatile organic compounds (VOC’s).
Long term occupancy of the home is considered in our flexible wall panel design option dividing the rooms. This allows for easy change of use, whether it’s aging in place or just changing room sizes. This eliminates future high costs of renovation and adding discarded materials to the landfill. The flexible wall system has been designed using circular design principles – what is designed is recycled and reused in a continuous closed loop, instead of going into landfill.
Each model can be modified in size to best fit the needs of the occupants.
HOW YOUR HOME IS CREATED
- Sign the contract for the preconstruction scope of work to secure your place on the schedule
- Finalize any design changes (hourly fees apply)
- Finalize the budget for changes and upgrades (hourly fees apply)
- Sign the contract for construction
- Site preparation (may include tree clearing, well, septic, grading). This can happen in tandem with any design and budget work.
- Off site building
- On site building
A hybrid approach of off-site/on-site production provides low cost, high quality delivery. We work with our talented trade partners throughout Western Massachusetts. Our goal is to support the local economies where the homes will be built and to advance the building industry towards healthy, affordable, efficient homes.
Every stick of wood, length of pipe or foot of wiring is accounted for in the design, greatly reducing the waste stream that is so prevalent in the building industry. Our goal is a full trash can at the end of construction, not a full dumpster.